Part-Time Digital Marketing Associate
Pacesetter Planning is seeking a part-time Digital Marketing Associate as we prepare to launch multiple new services and products over the next few months. We are looking for a creative individual with an entrepreneurial spirit who has a desire to learn in a startup work culture.
Pacesetter Planning is a fee-only financial planning firm that works with millennials all across the country. We help our clients make complex financial situations simple, particularly across four areas:
- We create customized student loan repayment strategies for clients with high student loan burdens.
- We help engaged and newlywed couples seamlessly integrate their finances and stop bickering about money.
- We help couples buy their first home in a world where average housing prices are at an all-time high.
- We empower young professionals to create the financial architecture they need to quit high-stress jobs that they hate.
Over the next three months, we will be rolling out a few products and an innovative new service model, unique to the financial planning industry, to help clients address these challenges.
- Our Digital Marketing Associate will be the primary driver of our firm’s social media and web presence. You will have the opportunity to shape every aspect of our digital marketing campaigns (but will have plenty of guidance and training along the way!)
- You will get valuable mentorship from an established business owner in the areas of entrepreneurship, marketing, and business strategy.
- You’ll have the ability to work from home with flexible work hours.
- This position has the potential for extension based on performance.
Requirements and Preferences
Education: There are no education requirements for this position. It doesn’t matter whether you’re currently in college, where you went to college, or whether you went to college at all. However, you must have knowledge in the relevant areas and/or technologies described below. And, you must enjoy and be committed to learning and your own growth.
(Note: we are a financial planning firm, but we do not expect the ideal candidate for this position to have knowledge in financial or investing topics. We will teach you everything you need to know in these areas!)
Experience: The number one criteria we will use to evaluate applicants is the degree to which you can demonstrate past success in the marketing skills we are looking for in this role. You must submit artifacts or evidence of success that demonstrate your proficiency in several of the job responsibilities mentioned below.
It doesn’t matter whether these artifacts/evidence of success come from school projects, tasks you’ve performed for a school organization, something you’ve done for a freelance project, or something from another job. The most important piece is that you demonstrate your skills in the areas described below.
Your evidence of success could take many forms: screenshots, images, documents, presentations, endorsements or testimonials, case studies, marketing or advertising copy, etc. Some things you should consider submitting include, but are certainly not limited to, the following:
- Social media pages you’ve managed
- Advertisements you’ve created
- YouTube channels you’ve managed
- Websites you’ve designed
- Graphics or images you’ve created
- Email or website copy you’ve written
- Presentations you’ve designed
- Videos you’ve edited
- Landing pages you’ve designed
- Metrics for advertising campaigns you’ve run
- Inbound or outbound marketing plans you’ve created
- Marketing projects you’ve completed for school projects
Finally, our firm has a culture of autonomy and personal responsibility. You will receive guidance and training throughout the duration of the job… but you’re not going to be micro-managed. The ideal candidate for this role should be self-motivated and be able to meet deadlines without supervision. This job comes with a lot of flexibility and you will have the ability to set your own hours, but you must be disciplined enough to meet deadlines in this sort of working environment.
You must have your own computer/laptop and internet connection.
Our ideal candidate will have experience with the following:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) or comparable Mac software
- Google Docs and Spreadsheets
- Basic WordPress
- Basic to intermediate graphic design programs (Canva, Photoshop, etc.)
- Basic video editing skills
Experience with the following would be excellent, but is not a requirement:
- Facebook Ads Manager
- Amazon Createspace
- WebinarJam or EverWebinar
- Developing and maintaining Pacesetter Planning’s digital marketing plan
- Creating social media content for Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram
- Managing the firm’s YouTube channel
- Drafting copy for email campaigns, website, and landing pages
- Designing graphics for website, social media images, and advertisements
- Simple edits of video content for email, social media, and YouTube
- Basic edits to website and landing pages
- Designing and editing PowerPoint presentations (I will provide the content)
- Implementing and monitoring Facebook ad campaigns
- Basic content editing and formatting
Compensation will be based on the experience the candidate can demonstrate in the application process. You will be paid based on an hourly rate on a biweekly basis. You will be an independent contractor in this role.
We are expecting the workload to average 5 – 15 hours per week for this position. The initial contract will be for three months but may be extended based on performance and future projects.
The expected start date is around June 1, but it can begin immediately when we find the right person.
How To Apply
*Note: All steps should be completed by 8 PM Eastern on Friday, May 11*
Please complete the two steps below to submit your application for this position:
- I do not expect cover letters for this position. Instead, applicants should film a short (approximately two minute) video and upload it to YouTube. (Note: when uploading, please make sure the video is “unlisted” so only the Pacesetter Planning team will be able to see it!) Include the link to the YouTube video in the email described in Step 2 below. In the video, please answer the following:
- Introduce yourself
- How did you get your start in digital marketing and why are you passionate about it?
- What’s your “secret sauce”? What will you bring to this position that nobody else will?
- Send an email to bill at pacesetterplanning dot com with the subject line: “[Your Name] Digital Marketing App” (ex: “Joe Smith Digital Marketing App”). In the email, include the following:
- Your full name
- Phone number
- City and State
- Link to your unlisted, approximately 2-minute YouTube video (described in step 1)
- LinkedIn page URL
- Personal website or blog (if applicable)
- Your greatest success related to digital marketing
- Any artifacts/evidence of success in the areas of digital marketing (see “Experience” section above). These may be submitted via attachment or through a link to a DropBox folder.
- Any other information you think it would be helpful for me to know when reviewing your application. Examples: character traits, formal or informal training, relevant skills, etc.
- Desired hourly rate
- Resumes are optional